Nokia and Microsoft are set to announce that Pocket Office will be coming to Nokia handsets, upsetting the blogosphere that was getting hyped on the idea of Windows-powered Nokia handsets. The Wall Street Journal reports that the deal is set to be announced today, at a joint press conference that had formerly been taken, by the …
stop blaming symbian
seriously, what is peoples problem with symbian? don't they realise that it doesn't matter what os nokia use, they are just going to f**k up with the end product as they always do? symbian never had control over the UI and suchlike, but they still get the blame for it. you'll see that as nokia release much of the control over symbian the situation improves.
Both companies needed to do something to get more of a handle on the mobile market. But they need to do a lot more than Office. Windows 7 mobile on Nokia handsets with a jointly developed app store makes perfect sense.
The quickoffice people will not be impressed especially if MS include a mobile copy with Office pro.
I like Symbian, My new N95 is superb much better reception and call quality than my previous phone the N80, a couple of years of bug fixing will do that.
Hopefully there will be a way of un-installing MS Office otherwise I won't be buying another Nokia phone.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low