STEC has set out on a range extension exercise, offering faster speeds and interfaces, and cheaper multi-level cell (MLC) flash variants. It currently offers fast single-level cell (SLC) ZeusIOPS SSDs for enterprise storage arrays, as selected by EMC, Compellent, HDS, HP, IBM and others. The MACH8 product line is lower …
Excellent Summary and observations
Excellent summary of the STEC annoucement, observations and question about Cisco.
It is great how fast the Flash / SSD market is moving.
All that is needed now is for storage array vendors and customers to be able to fully exploit the potential of these new drives. I see the the MLC Zeus IOPS drive really driving SSD adoption, hopefully with other vendors enterprise class SSD's. I just hope the storage array vendors make their prices attractive enough.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging