STEC has set out on a range extension exercise, offering faster speeds and interfaces, and cheaper multi-level cell (MLC) flash variants. It currently offers fast single-level cell (SLC) ZeusIOPS SSDs for enterprise storage arrays, as selected by EMC, Compellent, HDS, HP, IBM and others. The MACH8 product line is lower …
Excellent Summary and observations
Excellent summary of the STEC annoucement, observations and question about Cisco.
It is great how fast the Flash / SSD market is moving.
All that is needed now is for storage array vendors and customers to be able to fully exploit the potential of these new drives. I see the the MLC Zeus IOPS drive really driving SSD adoption, hopefully with other vendors enterprise class SSD's. I just hope the storage array vendors make their prices attractive enough.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)