STEC has set out on a range extension exercise, offering faster speeds and interfaces, and cheaper multi-level cell (MLC) flash variants. It currently offers fast single-level cell (SLC) ZeusIOPS SSDs for enterprise storage arrays, as selected by EMC, Compellent, HDS, HP, IBM and others. The MACH8 product line is lower …
Excellent Summary and observations
Excellent summary of the STEC annoucement, observations and question about Cisco.
It is great how fast the Flash / SSD market is moving.
All that is needed now is for storage array vendors and customers to be able to fully exploit the potential of these new drives. I see the the MLC Zeus IOPS drive really driving SSD adoption, hopefully with other vendors enterprise class SSD's. I just hope the storage array vendors make their prices attractive enough.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...