The problem with socialists and their misunderstanding of history
Jeremy 2 asks, "Honestly, what is it with their fear of anything even remotely close to almost being considered socialist?"
Americans have a healthy fear of government wielding the power of the gun, taking their money, taking their property, taking their lives, taking the lives of others, taking the goods of others, and giving all the stuff they work for to others for politicians' political gains.
Where did it come from?
Americans spent a half century shedding their money & blood because of European love for Socialism:
- Hitler was a Socialist
- Stalin was a Socialist
- Eastern Europe was enslaved by Socialists
- America spent a half a century accepting refugees from countries because of socialism gone bad.
- Americans spent a half a century sending food to countries because of socialism gone bad.
- There would not be individual countries in Europe or free countries in other parts of the world if Americans did not have a healthy fear of Socialism.
Common Americans would rather give something freely to someone in need out of their poverty rather than have it taken from them at the muzzle of a gun wielded by the Socialist Government Tax Man.
The Socialist Americans give less freely from their own wealth to the poor.
Socialists believe no one else is giving (because they don't give from their own wealth), and thus encourage the government to take it from others (including themselves) at the muzzle of a gun through mandatory taxes on people (just like them), to relieve themselves of the guilt, and feel like they and others like them are being punished adequately for their moral inadequacies.
The Socialist mindset is just sick to the Common American - their ancestors fled Socialism at the muzzle of guns and their children continually return to fight it ,wielding guns of their own, in a mostly volunteer army.
The problem falls to one or both of the following two issues:
- Socialists refuse to acknowledge history & modern facts - don't try to understand the American mindset
- Socialists are just too ill-educated to understand history & modern facts - just can't figure it out the American mindset
Instead of foul-mouthing, bad-mouthing, and posting hate of freedom loving Americans out of ignorance, perhaps Europeans should enjoy their Socialism, try to understand Americans, and allow ex-patriots Europeans to become Americans and allow emigrants to bear the fruit of their decision with dignity due them.
FAIL for the Socialist misunderstanding of history and modernity.
FAIL for ignorant posters using foul language and hate against Americans who fled Socialist countries.
FAIL for ignorant posters using foul language and hate against Americans who shed their blood generation after generation for bailing out millions from Socialism-gone-bad.