Buried deep in the latest US Bureau of Labor Statistics employment report is a startling statistic: Employment in the computer industry is on the rise. In its Economic News Release for July 2009, the Bureau's head-counters revealed that during July 2009, seasonally adjusted employment in "Computer systems design and related …
Not too surprising
Different sectors are impacted differently. You can hire burger-flippers and salesfolk when you need them. Building company infrastructure and doing product R & D has a longer lead time so you need to hire up the IT etc staff now. As business confidence builds, companies want to rebuild ready for mainstream improvements that might still be quite a few months away.
Any company sitting on a cash mountain would have seen the recession as a great opportunity to keep up R&D spending and improving their position while their competitors had to cut staff and fall behind.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?