back to article Nine MS security bulletins create busy updates workload

Microsoft released the expected nine patches - five critical - as part of a busy August Patch Tuesday update that focuses primarily on client-side vulnerabilities. The bulletins collectively address 19 security flaws. The batch includes a bulletin covering a flaw in Office Web Components (MS09-043) that has served as the fodder …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

So easy to kill a domain

As the author of MailScanner, I am one of the people who provide a list of known bad phishing sites. More than once, merely the presence of a domain name on my list has been used as the evidence for the removal of a website and its domain name, and the registrant being barred from registering similar domain names in future.

I find that quite scary.

Fortunately, all the domains in my list have been manually checked by a human being, but I could, if I so wished, put a domain on the list, write a letter of complaint to a Registrar and have the domain pulled.

I shouldn't be able to do that quite so easily.

Thumb Up

Windows 7 is fine

All versions of Windows need patches, except Windows 7 which is apparently just fine today!

Opportunity!

To rid your networks of WINS (if you haven't already).

Anonymous Coward

Only 9?

i get more than that every week or so for ubuntu!

Headmaster

Lost in thought

"As always users are urged to review these critical patches carefully against their environment and apply them as soon as possible," he added"

Er, is that before the careful review or after?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums