Feeds

back to article Cal Tech, Berkeley and UCSB working on 'iPhoD'

The US military has handed out triple multimillion-dollar contracts to Californian university tech labs, aimed at developing a device called an "iPhoD". The iPhoD is not, as one might have supposed, something to do with a famous nibbled-fruit hardware'n'lifestyle firm. Rather, it stands for "integrated Photonic Delay" - …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Paris Hilton

I've got an iPhud

Is this the same thing?

Paris - cos she knows the difference between a phod and and phud

Coat

Hmmm

What are the odds that some sort of IP infringement suit will follow, with some half-munched-fruit-logo'd company claiming to own the sole rights to use the lowercase "i" followed by any bollocks they choose appropriate for their latest vomitous offering?

Bummer

From the title, I thought they were about to develop photon torpedoes.

I'll do some research for them

I have a few mirrors and an LED bike light. I'm fairly convinced I can come up with some kind of delay thing by bouncing the light around between the mirrors. It'll only cost £50,000 which is a bargain for this kind of future tech if you ask me.

Silver badge
Thumb Down

Re: Hmmmm

so what about the Beeb and their iPlayer?

Flame

Please - it's Caltech.

Cal is used to refer to the University of California system of schools; e.g. Cal Berkley. There is no Cal Pasadena. And, there is only one Caltech. See http://www.caltech.edu/# .

Fire for Ricketts Hovse.

@seanj

Won't happen because you need permission from the federal government to so the federal government . Then there is the threat of banning any thing Apple in the federal government.

Coat

iPhod? Dab!

I *hade" dese dab head codes!

Mides de wod wid de code dableds id id.

This topic is closed for new posts.