A profitable 2008 for Hitachi has been followed by a miserable 2009, with two loss-making quarters and a possible fall behind in the areal density stakes. In April last year, and after much high-level debate within Hitachi, it was decided that Hitachi GST would remain as part of Hitachi, not be sold off in whole or part, and …
it's back to front, no?
They bought the HD manufacturing facilities from IBM, but not the experts or the history in R&D, and they're flopping.
Big surprise? Uh, no. Sharp people are more important than good facilities.
Could HGST be going to the wall? What a shame!
Oh wait, no, that was sarcasm. What I meant to say is good riddance to bad rubbish, and don't let the millions of dead drives hit you on the way out.
The Deathstars were bad enough, but it was their idea of customer service (aka: putting sand in the Vaseline™) that really nailed their coffin closed IMO.
Terrible company, terrible service, and terrible products. You won't be missed.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM