back to article Coppers make fake football sites pay penalty

The Metropolitan Police's e-crime unit has taken out about 100 websites which claimed to be selling tickets for Premier League football matches. In fact, fans got either fake tickets or nothing at all. Operation Phyllite was the result of co-operation between the Police Central e-crime Unit (PCeU), the Premier League, FIFA and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
WTF?

It's an old joke, but...

"If you are fooled by such a site you should report it to www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/"

No, if you are fooled by such a site, then package up your computer and send it back to wherever you bought it. If they ask why you are sending it back, tell them you are too fucking stupid to own a computer!

Coffee/keyboard

Fukwits!

They should have left the sites up, and encouraged more of them. Why anyone would want to watch a bunch of over rated, over paid fairies run around chasing a bag of wind is beyond my comprehension. If they are stupid enough to be duped into buying fake tickets they are obviously at the bottom of the gene pool (watching football is also a measure of mental deficiency) and should be culled for the good of mankind.

Silver badge
WTF?

Phyllite...

Phyllite is a type of foliated metamorphic rock primarily composed of quartz, sericite mica, and chlorite; the rock represents a gradation in the degree of metamorphism between slate and mica schist. Minute crystals of graphite, sericite, or chlorite impart a silky, sometimes golden sheen to the surfaces of cleavage (or schistosity). Phylite is formed from the continued metamorphism of slate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyllite

FAIL

nick some real villains.

shurely they've got some better things to do, like nicking the thieving scrotes that did over my sister's van last night - some 10K's worth of bits nicked/damaged. Pikeys..

Who cares if some idiiots are stupid enough to fall for fake footie tickets scam sites - morons..

@Graham Marsden

Are you talking schist?

Megaphone

Well I never!

Footie fans using the Interwebs!

Well I never...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums