Thinking of signing up to the NFC Forum, but balked at the $10,000 membership fee? Well now you can live your dreams of joining the premier cool-but-useless-technology forum for only half the price. The new level of membership is called "Implementer" and joins Associate ($10K), Principal ($25K) and Sponsor ($50K) as a fully- …
NFC is the only possible way I see to have true cryptographic-based payment systems... and that is "useless"? Impotent maybe, but useless???
Anyway, on the revenue-stream / balance of power thing... if only credit card companies were truly held accountable for losses due to replay attacks on credit cards, then they'd snap this up in a second. But as long as they continue to be allowed to pass the buck to consumers and merchants, this will never happen.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2