Thinking of signing up to the NFC Forum, but balked at the $10,000 membership fee? Well now you can live your dreams of joining the premier cool-but-useless-technology forum for only half the price. The new level of membership is called "Implementer" and joins Associate ($10K), Principal ($25K) and Sponsor ($50K) as a fully- …
NFC is the only possible way I see to have true cryptographic-based payment systems... and that is "useless"? Impotent maybe, but useless???
Anyway, on the revenue-stream / balance of power thing... if only credit card companies were truly held accountable for losses due to replay attacks on credit cards, then they'd snap this up in a second. But as long as they continue to be allowed to pass the buck to consumers and merchants, this will never happen.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab