Google was not liable for the content of adverts that appeared on its search pages even though it made suggestions about what terms an advertiser should associate with, a US court has said. Those suggestions were not enough to erode its immunity as simply a publisher of content created by third parties, the Court said. The US …
A judicial personage that 'gets it' ... awesome
Surely this would have an impact on the US trying to shut down torrent sites that aggregate content from 3rd party trackers rather than providing their own tracker?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot