Google was not liable for the content of adverts that appeared on its search pages even though it made suggestions about what terms an advertiser should associate with, a US court has said. Those suggestions were not enough to erode its immunity as simply a publisher of content created by third parties, the Court said. The US …
A judicial personage that 'gets it' ... awesome
Surely this would have an impact on the US trying to shut down torrent sites that aggregate content from 3rd party trackers rather than providing their own tracker?
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE