Google was not liable for the content of adverts that appeared on its search pages even though it made suggestions about what terms an advertiser should associate with, a US court has said. Those suggestions were not enough to erode its immunity as simply a publisher of content created by third parties, the Court said. The US …
A judicial personage that 'gets it' ... awesome
Surely this would have an impact on the US trying to shut down torrent sites that aggregate content from 3rd party trackers rather than providing their own tracker?
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Experimental hypersonic SUPERMISSILE destroyed 4 SECONDS after US launched it
- That 8TB Seagate MONSTER? It's HERE... (You'll have to squint, 'cos there are no specs)