Google was not liable for the content of adverts that appeared on its search pages even though it made suggestions about what terms an advertiser should associate with, a US court has said. Those suggestions were not enough to erode its immunity as simply a publisher of content created by third parties, the Court said. The US …
A judicial personage that 'gets it' ... awesome
Surely this would have an impact on the US trying to shut down torrent sites that aggregate content from 3rd party trackers rather than providing their own tracker?
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'