The proposed takeover of Sun by Oracle will be investigated by European competition regulators. The European Commission Competition will look at the deal, which is already facing scrutiny from the Department of Justice in the US. The DoJ is believed to be concerned about Java licensing. Given the combined companies' share of …
It must be a good business deal if the EU is skeptical. Mind you -- since Java will be under Oracle's "control" to the extent that it was under Sun's "control" I don't personally see the problem here. If I was paranoid I would say it was more EU Protectionism.............. Like forming a multi-nation conglomerate so as to avoid buying aircraft from Boeing :)
Are you sure ?
I thought the EU commission were looking at MySQL, not Java Licencing ?
Sounds like El Reg may have got the DOJ and the EU mixed up a little.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes