The proposed takeover of Sun by Oracle will be investigated by European competition regulators. The European Commission Competition will look at the deal, which is already facing scrutiny from the Department of Justice in the US. The DoJ is believed to be concerned about Java licensing. Given the combined companies' share of …
It must be a good business deal if the EU is skeptical. Mind you -- since Java will be under Oracle's "control" to the extent that it was under Sun's "control" I don't personally see the problem here. If I was paranoid I would say it was more EU Protectionism.............. Like forming a multi-nation conglomerate so as to avoid buying aircraft from Boeing :)
Are you sure ?
I thought the EU commission were looking at MySQL, not Java Licencing ?
Sounds like El Reg may have got the DOJ and the EU mixed up a little.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...