Dell and Intel are collaborating on a touchscreen tablet-cum-e-reader that’s inked for release early next year. So says a “well-connected industry executive” who has blathered to Wired. The magazine's exec is not well connected enough to know much about the spec, but reveals the device is a subscription-based e-reader that …
Impeccable timing as ever, Dell!
Okay, this is a good idea... but...
These things *need* to be unlocked, and accept a SIM card! Hopefully the kindle will be the next one to receive and FCC bitch slapping!
And hopefully the regulators will continue until we have an *open market* with a variety of devices that can freely inter-operate with any network, and a rich network of developers and applications able to run on any device!
The cell phone is dead! Long live the "internet device"!
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Did Apple's iOS literally make you SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked