Dell and Intel are collaborating on a touchscreen tablet-cum-e-reader that’s inked for release early next year. So says a “well-connected industry executive” who has blathered to Wired. The magazine's exec is not well connected enough to know much about the spec, but reveals the device is a subscription-based e-reader that …
Impeccable timing as ever, Dell!
Okay, this is a good idea... but...
These things *need* to be unlocked, and accept a SIM card! Hopefully the kindle will be the next one to receive and FCC bitch slapping!
And hopefully the regulators will continue until we have an *open market* with a variety of devices that can freely inter-operate with any network, and a rich network of developers and applications able to run on any device!
The cell phone is dead! Long live the "internet device"!
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad