Micro-blogging site Twitter has begun filtering links to known malware sites. The tactic, noticed by security researchers on Monday but yet to be officially announced by Twitter, is designed to prevent surfers straying onto sites packed with dangerous exploits. Adoption of the approach follows the increased targeting of Twitter …
140 Character limit - not for some..
Seems that some people can post more than the normal 140 characters. i.e..
On the main twitter page, has three ... with them linked to the rest of the message.
Wonder if this is something for A, B, C ... Z list celebs who Verify their accoun?
Alright for some.
Is this old?
They have been blocking all profiles with links to malware sites for AGES!
One of our sites got hacked and google issued it with a malware warning, Within a couple of hours, our twitter profile for the site got blocked due to the profile link.
This was about 3 months ago or so.
I thought Twitter was a virus(?)
On their way
Twitter is really doing a good job beefing up their security, considering the explosive growth in users it's recently sustained. True, there is more they could be doing, but that can be said of almost any organization. At the end of the day, they are trying to do the right thing, and deserve a bit of credit for that.
Beth Jones, SophosLabs
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads