Memory maker Micron Technology says that it has cooked up the first DDR3 main memory modules for servers to make use of a new technology, called load-reduced dual-inline memory module (LRDIMM) packaging. The new packaging will not only allow server makers to put fatter memory sticks into their boxes, but more of them than they …
Max 3 * 16GB quad rank per socket?
"peters out at three quad-rank 16 GB RDIMMs per processor socket, or 48 GB."
As I understand it it maxes out at 8 ranks per channel meaning 6 * 16GB RDIMMS per processor socket, which is 96GB. This is backed up by the HP DDR3 memory configurator which lets you put 96GB in a single processor DL380 G6.
I haven't enough money to buy the DIMMs to test it though.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests