Memory maker Micron Technology says that it has cooked up the first DDR3 main memory modules for servers to make use of a new technology, called load-reduced dual-inline memory module (LRDIMM) packaging. The new packaging will not only allow server makers to put fatter memory sticks into their boxes, but more of them than they …
Max 3 * 16GB quad rank per socket?
"peters out at three quad-rank 16 GB RDIMMs per processor socket, or 48 GB."
As I understand it it maxes out at 8 ranks per channel meaning 6 * 16GB RDIMMS per processor socket, which is 96GB. This is backed up by the HP DDR3 memory configurator which lets you put 96GB in a single processor DL380 G6.
I haven't enough money to buy the DIMMs to test it though.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab