Avere, a 2008 startup founded by Spinnaker vets from NetApp, has developed a system which attempts to combine the performance of solid state drives with the low cost of hard disk drives, in an architecture that dynamically tiers data onto the most appropriate media. That sounds like Compellent, dynamically moving data blocks on …
bluearc has had something similar for a while, no direct experience with this, though we used to be a bluearc customer -
Application-agnostic, BlueArc Data Migrator also allows automatic data movement between tiers in a way that is completely transparent to related applications or end users. In fact, they will be hard-pressed to know the data no longer resides in its original location.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- All ABOARD! Furious Facebook bus drivers join Teamsters union
- Webcam hacker pervs in MASS HOME INVASION
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie SACKED in three-way fsck row