Avere, a 2008 startup founded by Spinnaker vets from NetApp, has developed a system which attempts to combine the performance of solid state drives with the low cost of hard disk drives, in an architecture that dynamically tiers data onto the most appropriate media. That sounds like Compellent, dynamically moving data blocks on …
bluearc has had something similar for a while, no direct experience with this, though we used to be a bluearc customer -
Application-agnostic, BlueArc Data Migrator also allows automatic data movement between tiers in a way that is completely transparent to related applications or end users. In fact, they will be hard-pressed to know the data no longer resides in its original location.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Pic 7 Amazing Experiments on NASA's 2020 Mars Rover – Including Oxygen Generation
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs