It is to Brother's great credit that the all-in-one MFC-6890CDW packs in as many wishlist features as reasonably possible without hitting buyers with an unfriendly price. This combined A3 colour inkjet printer and A3 scanner with a full-size glass plate is a big unit at 540 x 488 x 323mm, but not particularly heavy at 15.6kg. …
A3 at this price?
I can forgive quite a lot for A3 scanning and printing at this price. I've had an MFC-6690CW (pretty well the same thing, no fax, and only about £250) for several months, in a small office, and it performs as the review says. It's not perfect, but when comparing the cost of standalone A3 inkjet printers and scanners, this is a real bargain. Okay the ink costs an arm and a leg, (and I daren't risk the cheapo 'compatible' cartidges, after a few earlier problems on other printers), but the solution I've adopted is to have a trusty mono laser (with duplex) for large documents, and only use the inkjet when I really want colour and/or A3.
...and how about a comparative review of the quality of 'compatible' cartridges sometime?
Running costs should be able to be reduced with a ciss assuming the carts/printer has no "DIM".
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked