As it strives to replace email, Google has open sourced two chunks of its new-age communications platform, Google Wave. Unveiled to a standing coder ovation at the Google I/O developer conference in late May, Google Wave is a (still-gestating) web platform that crossbreeds email with IM and document sharing, exhibiting a …
'Jupiter Collaboration System' link goes to ACM which requires an account. Free version of paper is here (needs postscript, ghostscript reports an error but it seems harmless):
google textified version can be found easily enough but it lacks diagrams.
So - MS is the biggest software co in the world, and xerox commercial software production is nowhere despite their incredible legacy. There must be a moral.
the moral is: don't let the 80's Xerox management run anything
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom