As it strives to replace email, Google has open sourced two chunks of its new-age communications platform, Google Wave. Unveiled to a standing coder ovation at the Google I/O developer conference in late May, Google Wave is a (still-gestating) web platform that crossbreeds email with IM and document sharing, exhibiting a …
'Jupiter Collaboration System' link goes to ACM which requires an account. Free version of paper is here (needs postscript, ghostscript reports an error but it seems harmless):
google textified version can be found easily enough but it lacks diagrams.
So - MS is the biggest software co in the world, and xerox commercial software production is nowhere despite their incredible legacy. There must be a moral.
the moral is: don't let the 80's Xerox management run anything
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball