As it strives to replace email, Google has open sourced two chunks of its new-age communications platform, Google Wave. Unveiled to a standing coder ovation at the Google I/O developer conference in late May, Google Wave is a (still-gestating) web platform that crossbreeds email with IM and document sharing, exhibiting a …
'Jupiter Collaboration System' link goes to ACM which requires an account. Free version of paper is here (needs postscript, ghostscript reports an error but it seems harmless):
google textified version can be found easily enough but it lacks diagrams.
So - MS is the biggest software co in the world, and xerox commercial software production is nowhere despite their incredible legacy. There must be a moral.
the moral is: don't let the 80's Xerox management run anything
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...