As it strives to replace email, Google has open sourced two chunks of its new-age communications platform, Google Wave. Unveiled to a standing coder ovation at the Google I/O developer conference in late May, Google Wave is a (still-gestating) web platform that crossbreeds email with IM and document sharing, exhibiting a …
'Jupiter Collaboration System' link goes to ACM which requires an account. Free version of paper is here (needs postscript, ghostscript reports an error but it seems harmless):
google textified version can be found easily enough but it lacks diagrams.
So - MS is the biggest software co in the world, and xerox commercial software production is nowhere despite their incredible legacy. There must be a moral.
the moral is: don't let the 80's Xerox management run anything
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?