Fujitsu Microelectronics America (FMA) has started shipping its first USB 3.0 SATA bridge IC, which the firm said will start appearing in gadgets by the end of this year. The MB86C30A supports data-transfer rates of up to 5Gb/s - the maximum speed available over a USB 3.0 connection, FMA claimed. The SuperSpeed bridge IC …
Linux only though
Hopefully there will be support in Ubuntu Karmic +1 for USB 3.0, Windows users will probably have to wait another couple of years.
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth
- What did you see, Elder Galaxies? What made you age so quickly?