Fujitsu Microelectronics America (FMA) has started shipping its first USB 3.0 SATA bridge IC, which the firm said will start appearing in gadgets by the end of this year. The MB86C30A supports data-transfer rates of up to 5Gb/s - the maximum speed available over a USB 3.0 connection, FMA claimed. The SuperSpeed bridge IC …
Linux only though
Hopefully there will be support in Ubuntu Karmic +1 for USB 3.0, Windows users will probably have to wait another couple of years.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity