Sony has unveiled plans to launch a selection of touch-sensitive Vaio PCs, following the impending release of Windows 7. Mike Abary, Senior Vice President of Sony’s information technology products division, told website Laptop that the Japanese electronics giant sees Windows 7 as a compelling OS, boasting features that it would …
Why oh why????
Vaios come with lovely, clear, crisp screens, that will be marred by greasy, dirty finger marks!! I remember using touchscreen ruggidised laptops 8 years ago and they came with big, thick screens and low resolution that still managed to get annoyingly filthy with repeated use... and the touchscreen was only a bit of gimmick as it led to moving your hands off touch typing stance, and my arm got tired, not to mention the control was not fine enough for most tasks. Especially compared to the handy little mousepad under your thumbs!
I can see Sony using this gimmick to add a few £$£$ to the cost of the already expensive machines...
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix