Sony has unveiled plans to launch a selection of touch-sensitive Vaio PCs, following the impending release of Windows 7. Mike Abary, Senior Vice President of Sony’s information technology products division, told website Laptop that the Japanese electronics giant sees Windows 7 as a compelling OS, boasting features that it would …
Why oh why????
Vaios come with lovely, clear, crisp screens, that will be marred by greasy, dirty finger marks!! I remember using touchscreen ruggidised laptops 8 years ago and they came with big, thick screens and low resolution that still managed to get annoyingly filthy with repeated use... and the touchscreen was only a bit of gimmick as it led to moving your hands off touch typing stance, and my arm got tired, not to mention the control was not fine enough for most tasks. Especially compared to the handy little mousepad under your thumbs!
I can see Sony using this gimmick to add a few £$£$ to the cost of the already expensive machines...
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER