Amazon continues to prove that a melting economy doesn't necessarily mean you can't continue to expand sales on the world's largest etail site. During the second quarter ending June 30, the company pulled in revenues of $4.65 billion, a fifteen per cent jump from the same quarter last year. But this wasn't enough to satisfy the …
No wonder the economy is in trouble
ebay loose money - Wall Street loves it. Amazon make money - Wall Street is disappointed.
Anyone would think Investment Bankers don't know what they are doing.
Me no understand
On what planet is it wise to spend $850m on a company that makes "a small profit"?
So you are saying
Amazon didn't make book?
If the company isn't successful only because they lack the resources or marketing muscle you can provide, then it's quite wise indeed.
I'm sure there is a slim chance of turning "a small profit" into something that will go some way to recouping $850,000,000 but I'm inclined to think that Amazon have just tossed a skip full of greenbacks down the toilet...
Missed a trick
They should've also announced some layoffs. Stock prices always go up if you announce layoffs.
I know what I'm talking about - I used to work for Motorola. :)
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?