Feeds

back to article Verizon chief exec pnked in privacy prank

Verizon chief exec Ivan Seidenberg has been confronted with a comedian wielding a loudhailer and amplifier in a protest about privacy. John Hargrave of comedy site Zug.com tracked down Seidenberg's phone number and home address before paying the telecoms boss a raucous visit, protesting how easy mobile telco firms made it to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Pirate

House?

The CEO of Verizon lives in a house like that? I would've expected a mansion with a black wrought-iron fence around the yard and several satellite dishes on the rooftop. Not that rather upper-middle-class looking house with its uninspiring yard.

Silver badge

I hate to say it ...

The guy's an asshole, so I hate to say it, but he's making a very good point.

I doubt it'll do any good, alas. Big Bidness cares about making a profit and paying shareholders, they do not care about the consumers who purchase their product.

Gold badge
Thumb Up

Excellent idea - comedy is harder to fight

I really like that idea. There's not much you can do against what he does, clever.

Megaphone

he should've let the dog bite him

A rich guy lets his dog attack you in the U.S.? Cha-ching!

Bronze badge
Pint

It's called disturbing the peace.

He is lucky he got out before the cops showed up.

next verizon commercial

That's hilarious, I was hoping the video would show how the zug guy got the information. That's a pretty critical part left out.

At the end of the day, virtually anyone can be found, especially guys like this.

It concerns me that what the video author did may have violated the law as he did state it was a gated community. How did he enter this gated community? Alot of this is missing from the video, it's a funny slap in the face but when laws are broken to prove a point (like cops speeding to pull over a speeder) it all does very little.

Bronze badge

A problem for everyone

For example, http://www.118800.co.uk/.

The CEO of Verizon deserves a lot more than that small kick to the shins, as do many other organisations and companies. Failure to encrypt, failure to password protect, exacerbated by storage loss, weak security and vetting systems, these things threaten us all more intimately and thoroughly than ever before.

It would seem that only militant behaviour will make these creeps respect our property, our data.

This topic is closed for new posts.