Storage array, software and silicon vendor LSI Corporation has bought struggling clustered filer supplier ONStor for $25m, giving ONStor's venture capital backers at least a $105m loss on their investment. The transaction is expected to close within thirty days and is subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions. …
Is this a good or bad thing? I am not sure yet
As it stands right now I am not too happy about Onstor and their support. We just recently had a rolling SAN firmware upgrade and even this was suppose to be support by 3Par/Onstor, we had file system corruption happening. Lucky for us, this file system was not in production yet, otherwise we would have been out of service for a way too long time.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2