Storage array, software and silicon vendor LSI Corporation has bought struggling clustered filer supplier ONStor for $25m, giving ONStor's venture capital backers at least a $105m loss on their investment. The transaction is expected to close within thirty days and is subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions. …
Is this a good or bad thing? I am not sure yet
As it stands right now I am not too happy about Onstor and their support. We just recently had a rolling SAN firmware upgrade and even this was suppose to be support by 3Par/Onstor, we had file system corruption happening. Lucky for us, this file system was not in production yet, otherwise we would have been out of service for a way too long time.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE