Storage array, software and silicon vendor LSI Corporation has bought struggling clustered filer supplier ONStor for $25m, giving ONStor's venture capital backers at least a $105m loss on their investment. The transaction is expected to close within thirty days and is subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions. …
Is this a good or bad thing? I am not sure yet
As it stands right now I am not too happy about Onstor and their support. We just recently had a rolling SAN firmware upgrade and even this was suppose to be support by 3Par/Onstor, we had file system corruption happening. Lucky for us, this file system was not in production yet, otherwise we would have been out of service for a way too long time.
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Feature Reg man builds smart home rig, gains SUPREME CONTROL of DOMAIN – Pics