Storage array, software and silicon vendor LSI Corporation has bought struggling clustered filer supplier ONStor for $25m, giving ONStor's venture capital backers at least a $105m loss on their investment. The transaction is expected to close within thirty days and is subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions. …
Is this a good or bad thing? I am not sure yet
As it stands right now I am not too happy about Onstor and their support. We just recently had a rolling SAN firmware upgrade and even this was suppose to be support by 3Par/Onstor, we had file system corruption happening. Lucky for us, this file system was not in production yet, otherwise we would have been out of service for a way too long time.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone