Storage array, software and silicon vendor LSI Corporation has bought struggling clustered filer supplier ONStor for $25m, giving ONStor's venture capital backers at least a $105m loss on their investment. The transaction is expected to close within thirty days and is subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions. …
Is this a good or bad thing? I am not sure yet
As it stands right now I am not too happy about Onstor and their support. We just recently had a rolling SAN firmware upgrade and even this was suppose to be support by 3Par/Onstor, we had file system corruption happening. Lucky for us, this file system was not in production yet, otherwise we would have been out of service for a way too long time.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan