Yahoo! is poised to push out a new homepage in the US today that will come with direct access to the likes of eBay, Twitter and Facebook, for users keen to flock to those sites. The revamp will be launched a month ahead of schedule, while tweaks to its search page will follow in August. Users interested in accessing it will be …
I've had to put up with crappy page for the last few weeks already. Having said that, I'm getting used to it and it isn;t too bad once you get rid of the links to ebay, facebook and t@tter.
people still use yahoo?
ooh big words
Not so hot on the redesign of users' profile pages
In an attempt to turn them into some kind of Facebook-lite, Yahoo! has revamped users' profile pages, including publishing their age based on the (in my case false) date of birth I entered while signing up back when people still cared about Yahoo!.
Shame they didn't think to provide any way for users to correct their age or, more desirably, stop it being displayed to the world altogether - especially considering no-one was ever asked to provide consent for it to be shown.
I'm not an expert on such matters, but surely the Data Protection Act has some rules against companies deciding to publicly publish user data for which consent was never given?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests