back to article Anti-Sec spoof threatens s'kiddie mayhem

Pranksters have latched onto Anti-Sec's quixotic crusade against full disclosure of security vulnerabilities by impersonating the group in a threat to unleash an OpenSSH exploit. The impersonators threatened to release details of an unpatched vulnerability in OpenSSH, followed by worm code hours later. A post on a full …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Coffee/keyboard

The Anonymous Collective declares....

"Whether Anti-Sec reciprocates these feelings remains unknown but we'd suggest the odds are against it. "

What? Why? Both the pranksters and the originals look like they are a spawn of /b/, so they would get right along.

FAIL

In English please

Are all these "hacker" fucktards illiterate? Come back when you can actually use the English language.

Silver badge
Coat

Skiddies?

Is that because they can't wipe properly?

Anonymous Coward

anti-sec are skiddies?

I conclude that full-disclosure is starting to hurt the black market trade in vulnerabilities, hence anti-sec (accurately named I think) trying to stop full disclosure.

tautology-tastic

"The prank illustrates the potential pitfalls of an anonymous internet campaign on the web."

as opposed to an internet campaign... somewhere else? Is this like having a road rage incident on a road?

Next you'll be claiming people who comment on articles are a bit pedantic...

Silver badge
Paris Hilton

@Eponymous Cowherd

No, it's because they're a bunch of little sh... ow-offs.

FAIL

Minor Correction

The correct name for this pest is "Kiddiots", not "Script Kiddies" or (worse) "s'kiddies". Kiddiots.

//Svein

Coat

@tautology-tastic

"Internet" could be what the campaign is for, and the web could be its location (as opposed to masked people picketing outside Anti-Sec offices), in which case, it would not be a tautology.

Troll

Don't give weev anymore attention, please.

The New York Times article was his proverbial jumping of the shark. Please don't feed the trolls.

Anonymous Coward

Hackers on steroids? Oh shi-

I doubt that is /b/, but more likely some other bunch of wannabes. Doesn't smell right. For instance, /b/ would have dropped a meme into their posts there, something like "I think Anti-Sec is a pretty cool guy, eh gets trolled by skiddies and doesn't afraid of anything". I'd suspect it's maybe Something Awful or perhaps lulznet...

@Jez; The web is the internet?

Damn, the eighties and early nineties with Archie and Veronica, spam-free email and newsgroups, ftp &c seemed so vivid ... and I don't even take drugs.

PS - next time just write ME TOO!! to identify yourself, and we can fill in the rest.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums