Hitachi GST has built a 2TB drive, according to online drive retailer J&R. The HD32000IDK7 is a 2TB 3.5-inch SATA Deskstar drive spinning at 7200rpm and priced at $269.99. It's not yet available, but is said to be coming soon. The current maximum Deskstar capacity is 1TB. Western Digital's 2TB Caviar Green desktop drive has …
what does it matter who's 2TB drive is sucking up the least wattage, they are all under 10W these days (green/energy efficient ones anyway).
I've got an 800W PSU in the back of my PC, the watercooling tower gets too hot to touch. The energy wastage isn't in the drives is the vast quantities of heat that performance components (CPU/NB/GPU) put out.
When it comes to disks we should be interested in how much they can hold and how quickly they can deliver it.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders