back to article Asus punts monitor with built-in TV tuner

Most if not all HD TVs now have computer VGA and/or DVI connections, but that hasn't stopped Asus coming at the problem from the other direction and introducing a boundary blurring monitor that has a built-in TV tuner. TV Monitor T1 Series comes in 21.5in, 23.6in and 27in sizes but all of them deliver a 1920 x 1080 resolution. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This isn't new

Samsung and LG have been offering monitors with digital TV decoders and extra input types for a while, as have a lot of cheap manufacturers. You only need to browse eBuyer/Dabs/Scan/etc to see a long list of these. Still, extra competition means cheaper prices, and it's an obvious feature to add for consumer purchasers.

So when will there be a comparative review?

Groundbreaking!

Next they'll be selling cameras with built in phones....

Anonymous Coward

Signal

Its probably not intended for the workplace market but if i manged to sneak one of these onto my desk at work when my current monitor has an "accident", I guess I'll still need a coax lead to an ariel on the roof, which would be hard to get sorted except for the boss.

Leaving aside fitting some kind of PVR, which rather misses the point, does anyone have any ideas how to solve this or do these come with an internal ariel that will pick up TV, perhaps digital when the signal is boosted post analogue switch off?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums