Datawind, the company behind the PocketSurfer web browsing palmtop - reviewed here - has upped its game with the launch of its first netbook. Datawind_Ubisurfer Datawind's UbiSurfer netbook: just a larger PocketSurfer? UbiSurfer’s main sales pitch isn’t its 7in, 800 x 480 display or 1GB SSD, but the 30 hours of free airtime …
All fine except.....
... is there no storage on the machine at all ?
1GB fo SSD is a bit weak and only having 'on line storage' frankly is a down side, not an upside.
Online storage to use with the well known high speed upload capability of cellular modems.
Could be nice
Might be okay - you'd need to play with one, find out the battery life, is there an SD card sot etc. - but I don't think I'd pay over £100 for one. You can get an Elonex Webook for £99 so I don't see why you'd pay 60% more for one of these.
Not sure about the DataWind, but the Elonex really is utter pap. Very very cheap Chinese rubbish, that is £100 badly spent. There are no re-deeming features with that at all.
The DW at least sounds good, except the on board storage!
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)