Apart from RIPA
Other sources of information 'referenced' included
* DVLA (well known for their pocket money activities if names and addresses need to be attached to cars - at twenty quid a time, a bargain)
* the Fuzz computers (also well known, but probably a better grade of pocket money)
* DWP (multiple instances of supposedly 'safe' addresses being reveled and probably a lot more)
* telephone records (including 'friends and family lists from BT)
* bank and credit card statements
So - who is for a unified database - it would make life so much easier for scum like the News of the World - a one stop shop for everything the state knows about you, also much easier for the likes of Coulson as Himmler of the Tories to appropriate far better class of information for keeping whips in line, blackening the names of the opposition and blackmailing others in an inconvenient place.
Does anyone really trust the Tories to not make use of the soon to be Home Secretaries power to combine information sources from multiple agencies without reference to Parliament? I don't.
Welcome to the machine. It just show - Labour (McBride) a man at the shallow end of the gene pool trying his best (tries hard school report goes). The conservatives hire a better class of mendacious bastard.