On the day that Symantec said it will add deduplication to its NetBackup and Backup Exec, Acronis has added deduplication to its Backup and Recovery 10.0 product, and increased its upwards scalability at the same time. Acronis Backup & Recovery (ABR) is the next and rebranded version of True Image. Previous versions of the …
Just checked with the Acronis website. The most basic version of Acronis Backup and Restore Workstation is priced at £57.02 (including swingeing German VAT @ 19%).
Mind you, if this software is as good as True Image, it's probably worth the money.
An El Reg classic
Not particularly interested in the story, but maximum points to whoever came up with the sub-heading ....
- iPad is an iFAD: Now we know why Apple went running to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all