Google has juiced its efforts to bypass Craigslist and other real estate classifieds sites, adding a new property-listings search contraption to Google Maps. This morning, with a down-under blog post, Google announced the addition of direct real estate listings to the Australian incarnation of Google Maps, and a similar service …
For once, thank you Google
This is very welcome if it facilitates private sales in Australia. The two big real estate sites here in Australia are hand in glove with the big real estate agents and have created an artificial situation where it is very difficlt to sell yor house privately. Down with realestate.com .au and domain.com.au they are both useless ad infested services run by estate agents for estate agents. Good on you Google I'm not surprised realestate.com.au is not cooperating, they must be pooing their pants. Funily enough both these sites have used Google mapping services to geolocate their wares for years, wonder how long that will continue.....
I just tried it out to see properties in the USA and found that estate agents over there list the ethnic breakdown of the area as part of the property details. That's disgusting.
They've had this for over two years in the US. I used it to find several houses I looked at, including the one I bought in early 2008.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait