Iomega has re-invented its eGo portable hard drives, opting for a 'value-added' theme: when you purchase the 'PS' (Protection Suite) edition of an eGo, you get a bundle of backup and data security software included, plus slimmer, ruggedised hardware and the promise of a three-year warranty. Iomega eGo Iomega's new eGo: sexier …
My WD portable (can't remember the model but it's less than a year old) had absolutely no problem when I forgot it was in my jacket pocket and said jacket suffered a sizeable flying impact into a brick wall
The case broke (the outer edging came away and I can't get it back in place) but none of the data was missing/corrupt and the unit has been working as new with no issues
It's also suffered a few nights out with me where my attraction to the floor has overwhelmed me
Am I just lucky or are HDs just not as impact-sensitive as they used to be? Incidentally I've dropped my Vaio so many times the chassis has actually bent, but still no HD damage
Maybe I should just stop dropping things :-|
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'