Miscreants have developed one of most sophisticated click fraud malware applications to date. The Trojan code - dubbed FFsearcher by security firm SecureWorks - plugs into a Google API that allows webmasters to add a Google-powered search widget (called "Google Custom Search") to their website. In normal use, search results made …
These Google AdSense ads are a bloody nuisance !
They are so laced with malware these days as to pose quite a a threat in themselves, to the unwary. When training newbie folks in how to use the internet (it still happens), I have to point out the dangers of clicking on Google AdSense ads and advise my clients to just ignore them, as it's safer.
Which makes me wonder about the Value For Money that the paying advertisers are getting. And being linked to malware infections isn't going to be good for any company's rep.
since Every click on an ad is user-generated, the user is really showing interest in the ad.
for the advertiser it is not a fraud.
It is just only that google share on the revenue of the ad is lower than before.
Therefore I am sure that google will fix the api so that such a stealthy revenue diverter is not possible anymore.
PoC or it didn't happen!
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed