Nokia is secretly working on a device that could propel it to the forefront of cameraphone technology: 12Mp phones with an optical zoom. Sources inside both Nokia and optics firm Carl Zeiss revealed the Finnish phone giant’s plans for the high-end cameraphone, according to a story by website Phone Report, and hinted that the …
...until they realise that serious photographers want DSLRs and serious nerds want decent phones with only a camera to take furtive upskirt pics of women they can never have.
Um... the N93 had optical zoom
so it wont even be the first phone with optical zoom for Nokia.
What a joke
What's the point? Huge file sizes mainly storing the pattern of noise that the tiny sensor was chucking out at the time...
Why not work on a camera phone that takes decent pictures with a normal resolution? I haven't seen one yet.
Absolutely. My Nikon D1 took very nice pictures, with only 2.3 megapixels. Better pixels please, not more - 3MP is the most any cellphone needs with current technology. (12MP is only twice that resolution)
There's no chance Nokia will include a decent wide angle either but it will have a useless flash, because it'll be specced by bean counters, marketers and corporate politicians, not engineers or photographers.
I want one so much...
that I will willingly sell my house and all its contents to buy one, except for my real camera of course.
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence