In the wake of the launch of the OpenSolaris 2009.06 release earlier this month, the open source Solaris project has packaged up a bunch of Amazon Machine Image (AMI) virtual machines based on OpenSolaris so they can be deployed on the ECS compute cloud. A few days after the release, the project put out a 32-bit AMI image for …
Oh, *that* EC2
I did wonder what was going on around Liverpool Street that required hardened OpenSolaris...
Amazon is not the only cloud for OpenSolaris
Amazon is not the only cloud for OpenSolaris - Joyent has been hosting applications requiring serious availability requirements under OpenSolaris for awhile! http://joyent.com/
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE