HDS has added a raft of incremental upgrades to its AMS2000 line of mid-range storage arrays. The standard expansion tray is now accompanied by a high-density tray, a 4U enclosure with 48 drives inside it. The maximum number of drives supported hasn't been raised though, and so array capacity limits are unchanged. HDS has also …
The most interesting part Mr yoshida wrote
The most interesting part Mr Yoshida wrote:
"The AMS 2000 can move data between tiers of storage with in the AMS without disruption to the application."
so you can move data between slow SATA and fast 15k SAS drives as needed - just like a local SVC.
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats