I don't get the interest in the Google offering
Just to go contra to the Vonage flow -
I've been a Vonage customer since 2005 and use the following for about $30 per month -
- up to 6 number simu-ring including to international numbers (handy when I'm using a US or French SIM)
- normal forwarding allows international numbers too
- up to 500 minutes of calls to US numbers no matter where you and your adapter are (I'm in the UK a lot)
- a London number that rings the same Vonage line as the US number
- voice mail delivered via email
- decent rates for international calling (not the best and certainly, as you can guess from the above, not the reason I subscribe)
One problem in 2007 when I got deactivated due to a long period of disconnection, but a note was put on my records and it hasn't happen since.
Mind you I have never tried to cancel the service or spent much time talking to the CS.
When you compare that service to one that is not even offered outside the US I have difficulty understanding why there is such interest, except the brand of course.