Despite his employer Sun Microsystems fashioning an Amazon-like public cloud, chief technology officer Greg Papadopoulos doubts enterprises will move their existing applications onto this or any other data center in the sky. But Amazon cloud prophet Werner Vogels disagrees. "I'll pour a little bit of cloud water on this," …
He's having a laugh. "Give us all your private customer information, give us all your hardware and applications, sure what's the worst that could go wrong?"
Finally some sense
I have grown tired of hearing the term "Cloud Computing". Just a new term for Hosted Services.
It all reminds me of the 2008 Presidential election, where you are promised that if you do something, all the worlds problems would be solved and there will be free puppies and Kittens for everyone. But now we have a TV start that bends to poular belief and is about as strong willed as a wet noodle See Guantanamo Bay, torture, Iraq and North Korea
What does SUN do again?
Other than lay off its employees (namely anyone who is white and over the age of 45?)...
On a personal note to Oracle's HR department to avoid any future DOJ entanglements, start firing SUN's management immediately after taking over. Failure to perform and/or to turn a profit should be reason enough.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps