Apple and Intel have seen the future, and it's mobile - and both companies are putting big money into a UK company whose chip designs are becoming increasingly attractive to companies battling in the mobile arena. In a brief statement today, mobile-graphics chip designer Imagination Technologies announced that Apple had acquired …
Why don't ARM buy these guys out ?
I'm thinking along the lines of AMD buying ATI. OK, that isn't working yet.. !
Would be interesting to see a tablet designed around the iPhone OS (or similar) made with mobile components. The iPhone can achieve around 10 hours of fairly light usage with a pretty small battery - a tablet could have a much larger battery and perhaps very good battery life (depending on the screen I guess)...
I'd say they're mostly waiting for flash prices to come down, I'd say a tablet needs at least 64GB of memory - or perhaps we'll see an SD slot like the MacBook Pros have now?
ARM don't own any chip manufacturing and don't want to. They get a cut from everyone using ARM designs in their chip manufacturing.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE