An SSL security guru is urging incentives to promote website certificate upgrade in response to problems with a widely-used digital-signature algorithm. Collisions in the MD5 hashing algorithm mean that two different inputs can produce the same output. Last year independent researchers showed how the cryptographic flaw might …
get a free non-limited cert from http://cert.startcom.org/
Not much use since it isn't recognised by default in IE
Re: Easy answer
I have free certs from CACert - Not much good when no one has the CA root certificates pre-shipped.
And CACert don't look half as dodgy as that lot.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default