Zoho wants to bridge the gap between its online productivity apps and traditional in-house office software with a new plug-in that lets Zoho Office users save documents to Microsoft SharePoint. Zoho Office for Microsoft SharePoint is a software module that temporarily plops documents stored inside Microsoft SharePoint into Zoho' …
if I ignore MS Sharepoint (this post is really not about sharepoint but zoho) ... on one side I think this is really good idea, but and I might get some negative comments for this statement ...
WORD/EXCEL in web browser are still unfriendly and don't really work for any complex documents/spreadsheets, I hope this will change with HTML5. The only good (not great but good) web based Word I saw was flash based acrobat.com
Let me get this straight. I want to edit a document that is in sharepoint, so I, erm, upload it to the zoho server, download it to my web browser for viewing/editing, upload it back to zoho who then in turn download it back to the sharepoint server.
What, exactly, is the point of all that?
Paris, because she is also good for uploading to (or so I've heard)
@ Goat Jam
if I ignore the fact that you dont need ms office (pretty rare in companies who buy sharepoint) two or more users can edit the documents at the same time ... I have been in situation when two people were making to large excel model at the same time few times and it's not pretty to sync it back to one file
Microsoft has really terrible job when it comes to documents sharing and the ;lack of true server side storage of office documents
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16