Seagate has added low-end models to the BlackArmor range and is introducing a 640GB 2.5-inch FreeAgent drive. The BlackArmor NAS range was announced in March, with two models offering automatic and continuous backup for up to 50 PCs. The 4-bay, 4-drive NAS 440 offered 4 - 8TB capacity using Barracuda SATA drives. The NAS 240 …
Having returned for warranty replacement four Seagate drives in the last year, I no longer trust their drives to do anything but fail on a regular basis. They replaced the drives with refurbished ones and one of refurbished drives was one of the four failures.
I now keep their nice little shipping boxes for future returns.
These people have a long way to go to get back on top, or even near the top in my opinion; the four returned drives speak for themselves. Their products may be better but I'll never know. New drives I buy are of a different brand.
He who puts all his backup or RAID capacity in a single manufacturer is planning on disaster whether he knows it or not.
- Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments 'DELAYED' in the UK
- The sound of silence: One excited atom is so quiet that the human ear cannot detect it
- Bloat-free, unlocked Moto X to be dubbed 'Pure Edition', says report
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way