back to article Oracle plucks meat from Virtual Iron carcass

Oracle plans to add various Virtual Iron management tools to its Oracle VM product, and the combined offering is scheduled for release "early to mid next calendar year." "With Virtual Iron, we are able to take the pieces that they're very strong at and include that into our virtualization management component," Wim Coekaerts, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Hollerith 1
    Paris Hilton

So they are going to shaft the FBI?

Are they positive they don't want to support VI after their stated deadline.

Sure about that? Sure, sure, sure?

--------

I, for one, welcome our new icons.

Paris, because she remains honoured.

2. OUMAN
    Grenade

WE GOT SHAFTED, NO OTHER WAY TO SAY IT...

Orcale is leaving everyone out there with a VI infrastructure in the cold. How can you plan a data center future with no knowledge of the existing products future. We know it will become another product, but why souldn't I just bite the bullet and buy VM Ware and be done with it. If I am going to have to migrate, might as well be now.

3. James 85

VI Only Read Competitor to VMware

VI is/was the only real competitor to VMware. It is/was the only one of the ever more commoditised server virtualisation products that offered the full range of server virtualisation solutions: from P2V to operation, HA, DRS and management.

In some cases, because of its requirement to run on newer chips, it offered better performance than VMware.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like