A bogus mortgage foreclosure prevention operation that traded in misery has been shut down by a US court. The court acted in an action brought by the Federal Trade Commission against Freedom Foreclosure Prevention Services, Loss Mitigation Training Center of America, Jeffrey C. Segal, and Michael R. Workman. The defendants …
only to be re-opened within a few months under yet another name, in another jurisdiction...
Absolute travesty of justice - a year's jail time in a medium security prison would be more than appropriate to stop them from trying again.
Love the new icons...FAIL for obvious reasons regarding the course of justice...
...they ripped people off the people they hired to rip people off! Bastards to a man, but points for thoroughness...
Type your comment here — plain text only, no HTML
but what is it doing on the register ?
Hangings not good enough
Did you think no one would get rich in this recession?
Chaos (and desperation) create opportunity.
RE: It wasnt me
Theres a tech angle.
" ..... through its web site....."
"....allegedly used email marketing ..."
...taste the best!
Personally, I think the court finding in instances like this should be
1) They pay the fines/serve the time for the relevant federal statutes.
2) The courts establish a process whereby anyone defrauded by the defendants can submit their information to an office which will proceed to file the appropriate civil charges on behalf of the person defrauded, and said office would have tracking information, including social security numbers, tax ids, and all known alias for the defendant. Civil damages should automatically be treble the amount for which the people filing the complaint were defrauded.
3) In case of doubt, establish that awards granted under item #2 above cannot be mooted by bankruptcy.
that's pretty nasty.
talk about vultures..
they shoud lock them up and throw away the key..
people like that don't deserve ANY sympathy..
I like you idea. but I would insert
0) Public display in a pillory for 1 year. Supply plenty of appropriately rotten produce, eggs; and buckets of fecal matter. Perhaps allow their victims an opportunity to give these scumbags a good lashing (with a whip).
And, as far as #4 goes; make sure that they are ALIVE, when burnt.
Scum like these are one reason why the 8th Amendment (banning cruel and unusual punishment) should be waived in some cases.
@Personally, I think the court finding in instances like this should be
That'll work in any civilized justice system. Unfortunately, this is one system that isn't either civilized or just.
Maybe the Chinese system?
The most important part
Is to make sure they never, ever get to enjoy a penny worth of what they have stolen and that they be stripped of all assets anywhere in the whole world to pay back their victims.
Then dump a bunch of rabid weasles down their pants.
Do you qualify for the Mortgage Modification Bailout?
If anyone has had any luck with any of these companies, could you please post it for the ones that cannot find one to work with you. We've almost lost once and just got a second chance that want last long so I need to get something done now, so if anyone knows the right number to call, i am sure a lot of people that hasn't found them would appreciate it but check out http://obamamortgage2009.blogspot.com or obamamortgage2009.blogspot.com
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones