Voltaire is announcing general availability of its 40Gbit/s quad data rate InfiniBand switch at today's International SuperComputing 2009 event. The company launched an Ethernet switch earlier this month: an 8500 with 288 ports. But InfiniBand is still Boss Hogg, as the Grid Director 4700 features a 51.8Tbit/s backplane …
who doesn't want a couple of these babies? i'm going to have a wet turnip just thinking about them.
will IB replace PCIe? It works better on the mobo that PCIe, and it has better packet infrastructure.
AMD, you need a leg up, you listening?
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK