Voltaire is announcing general availability of its 40Gbit/s quad data rate InfiniBand switch at today's International SuperComputing 2009 event. The company launched an Ethernet switch earlier this month: an 8500 with 288 ports. But InfiniBand is still Boss Hogg, as the Grid Director 4700 features a 51.8Tbit/s backplane …
who doesn't want a couple of these babies? i'm going to have a wet turnip just thinking about them.
will IB replace PCIe? It works better on the mobo that PCIe, and it has better packet infrastructure.
AMD, you need a leg up, you listening?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging