An EMC technical consultant blogger - Dave Graham - has revealed details of an Emulex SAN fabric cloud gateway concept. The ES3 conceptual device is a SAN fabric-resident entity that represents itself as virtual SAS or Fibre Channel disks to accessing host servers, and is just another volume I/O target in the SAN. However, …
it was at EMC World
For those that care, the E3S technical demo was shown at EMC World 2009 in Orlando in public. I think most people were more interested in the overall EMC Atmos product versus this seemingly insignificant technical demo from Emulex. Man, they missed some GREAT information. ;)
thanks for the links, Chris.
additional information on the E3S is available here:
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks