Japanese researchers have developed a NAND Flash cell design they claim will make solid-state drives not only faster but also more reliable, with a longer lifespan. Led by University of Tokyo Engineering Department Associate Professor Ken Takeuchi and Shigeki Sakai of the Frontier Device Group within Japan's Advanced Industrial …
So, another "amazing battery/memory tech that we'll most likely never ever see in production as it will topple the current monopoly or violate some obscure patent" story.
I'd be rich...
Wish I had a megabyte for every announcement of some obscure research that promised to fix all my storage and memory ills. I'm sure I'd have enough to boot Vista from an SSD by now. Save the announcement until there's a real product I can buy.
Can you ear the drums
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ate Nine. Or Eight did, really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits - right Microsoft? Or so you THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests