Feeds

back to article Endeavour 'in good shape' for Wednesday lift-off

NASA is tempting fate by describing space shuttle Endeavour as "in good shape" for lift-off tomorrow on its STS-127 mission to the International Space Station, having used pretty well the same words before a gaseous hydrogen leak caused the original launch to be scrubbed on Saturday. Endeavour on the launch pad at Kennedy Space …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Joke

what you mean shaped like a giant.......

Oh I can't be bothered.

Lets just hope the rocket stages ejaculate correctly and they have enough thrust to penetrate the earth's atmosphere.

And to anyone expecting anything better from comments on the register "get over yourself".

Silver badge
Joke

So you could say..

"Our teams have been working very hard over the last couple of days to get this piece of equipment fixed."

Or you could say, they Endeavoured to get this piece of equipment fixed...

Antony - your move.

Happy

I guess everyone at Nasa

has their fingers crossed it stays in good shape, cos it would be bad, right, if it launched in bad shape (hang on we've been here before).

Bronze badge
Thumb Up

Didn't realise..

That the _whole_ piece of kit on the left of the shuttle piccie in the article (Like, that tower block) ROTATES onto the machine for loading payload (not that anyone's paying, but..) etc.

I thought the shuttle was a fantastic feat of engineering. I only realised it a couple of days ago, when I saw a very detailed piccie, and spotted the cutaway for the tail, the rounded top for the tank, and the 'white box' where Atlantis was loaded with kit for Hubble from.

I'm way, way more awestruck now.

RESPECT! God speed.

Joke

spoke too soon,

See http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8104407.stm

It leaked (premature emissions, as it were) and they postponed it again, next month sometime...

I guess they just couldn't get it up this month at all. NASA at 50-odd years just can't perform the way it could 30 years ago...

This topic is closed for new posts.