De La Rue, the company which prints all British bank notes, has won a ten year contract to make biometric passports. The £400m deal is the largest so far handed out as part of the introduction of ID cards and upgraded passports. The new ID documents will include the ability to store fingerprints as well as other security …
A Chip antenna!
Have you never seen a biometric passport? They have a whacking great oblong shape wire antenna laminated into them. You cant miss it.
hmm.. long term strategy me-thinks?
"but it is likely that the central database and passports will survive"
"has won a ten year contract"
The reason being it'll cost more to try to cancel it than it would to accept it and continue to use it. 1-0 to the state as usual
Do De La Rue print all of the Scottish notes as well and English? I would have thought that the balance of probability says that one of the Scottish banks used someone else, hard to tell from England though.
Merde de la rue?
Will these new passports be taser proof? Inquiring minds want to know.
Yes, for the second time it's the tin foil one! Come on now and bring me something to clean this mess off my shoe.
"Yes, you can have the contract, just print yourself the cash...."
what did they say the setup costs were for ID cards again?
With this latest thing it will be well over that.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene