Much to the chagrin of Facebook, Yahoo! is developing its own SQL-like language for Hadoop, the open-source distributed data-crunching platform that's well on its way to conquering the planet. Facebook has already developed and open-sourced its own Hadoop SQL, known as Hive. But Yahoo! says it needs a Hive alternative that's …
CloudBase is real world
Saying Cloudbase did not make it to the real world is overstating things. We use Cloudbase in a production capacity at Business.com, and it is heavily used by a number of other companies. Cloudbase has a robust jdbc connector and novel column indexing and join optimization not provided by Hive. We were eager to give a presentation on Cloudbase at the Hadoop Summit but for unknown reasons our presentation proposal was not accepted. Anyone who's interested in learning more should check our sourceforge site: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloudbase/
".... in classic Hadoop fashion, it will undoubtedly evoke some sort of fauna."
What? You mean like "CloudBase"?
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst