Much to the chagrin of Facebook, Yahoo! is developing its own SQL-like language for Hadoop, the open-source distributed data-crunching platform that's well on its way to conquering the planet. Facebook has already developed and open-sourced its own Hadoop SQL, known as Hive. But Yahoo! says it needs a Hive alternative that's …
CloudBase is real world
Saying Cloudbase did not make it to the real world is overstating things. We use Cloudbase in a production capacity at Business.com, and it is heavily used by a number of other companies. Cloudbase has a robust jdbc connector and novel column indexing and join optimization not provided by Hive. We were eager to give a presentation on Cloudbase at the Hadoop Summit but for unknown reasons our presentation proposal was not accepted. Anyone who's interested in learning more should check our sourceforge site: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloudbase/
".... in classic Hadoop fashion, it will undoubtedly evoke some sort of fauna."
What? You mean like "CloudBase"?
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity