Solid state drive supplier STEC has joined the big boys, having attained a billion dollar market capitalisation. In the first quarter of the year its net revenue was $63.5m, 25 per cent higher than the year-ago quarter. Net profit was up a strong 61 per cent at $2.9m, driven by higher product shipments. It reckons its second …
'STEC shows no sign of wanting to have a presence in the net book and notebook SSD markets'
funny my dell mini 9 has a STEC 8 gig ssd factory fitted.
STEC and MacBook Air
It was reported/speculated in May that STEC has won a design win with Apple for the MacBook Air.
Aye. And that ssd is your Mini9 is rubbish. I junked mine in days and replaced it with a RunCore item....much better.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'