Solid state drive supplier STEC has joined the big boys, having attained a billion dollar market capitalisation. In the first quarter of the year its net revenue was $63.5m, 25 per cent higher than the year-ago quarter. Net profit was up a strong 61 per cent at $2.9m, driven by higher product shipments. It reckons its second …
'STEC shows no sign of wanting to have a presence in the net book and notebook SSD markets'
funny my dell mini 9 has a STEC 8 gig ssd factory fitted.
STEC and MacBook Air
It was reported/speculated in May that STEC has won a design win with Apple for the MacBook Air.
Aye. And that ssd is your Mini9 is rubbish. I junked mine in days and replaced it with a RunCore item....much better.
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?